It has been about a week since my last post. Discussing pet peeves is a good way to get back into the swing of things. The list is in no particular order.
- People who talk too much. I am a fan of the “silence is golden” unwritten rule at times. I love good conversation but know when it is time to zip it. Individuals who are constantly flapping their gum’s are n0t really saying much at all… Just the same old same old.
- Tailgaters. This is probably one of the most popular and for good reason. If the speed limit is 45 miles per hour, I usually go 47. This gives the tailgaters less rage, or so I thought. Are you really in that much of a hurry? This used to really aggravate me. Now that I am older, it just makes me laugh. What is the worst they can do? Hit your car? Don’t think so.
- Prima Donna’s. They are not just women. Men are equally prima donna’s. They believe they should receive special treatment and complain when something doesn’t go their way. That is life. Deal with it. Getting your hands dirty? Oh no, I cannot do hard work, I’ll get sweaty. Get real.
- Staring. Definitely near the top of the list. People who lurk for no reasonable motive just make me uncomfortable. In my head I want to say “what the hell are you staring at!?” I have learned just to stare right back. Either they will break eye contact or I will just shrug my shoulders that will imply this.
- The confrontational one. Folks who are high strung and enjoy arguing. This is up there with staring. As an easy going individual, I cannot believe these people get to me. Boy do they ever. You will see them causing a scene in a restaurant, retail store or another public outing.
I have more but this is a decent list to get the picture.