World Wrestling Entertainment held their fourth Battleground pay-per-view to date on Sunday night which showcased nine bouts. I came a little late to the viewing party so I saw about five out of nine matches.
- Sami Zayn defeats Kevin Owens- This was an exciting match between two former best friends who grew up together. I cannot really say who is better, they both have equal skills. Sami Zayn almost hurt himself because he botched a move bouncing off the ropes. Luckily he landed on his shoulder instead of his neck.
- Natalya defeats Becky Lynch- This was a mediocre bout, Natalya locks in the one and only Sharpshooter for the victory. Facing a skilled opponent like Natalya was a tall order for Becky Lynch.
- The Miz versus Darren Young- The match was a no contest. Maryse slapped Bob Backland and Darren Young snaps. Young applies Backland’s Crossface Chickenwing on the Miz while the referee decides to disqualify both opponents.
- John Cena, Enzo Amore and Big Cass defeat The Club (AJ Styles, Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows)- This bout started out slow but picked up the action shortly after. The opening promo with Enzo and Big Cass was funny. Both squads went hard as we saw bodies flying everywhere. Cena hits the Attitude Adjustment (formerly the FU) from the top rope on AJ and scores the victory.
- Dean Ambrose defeats Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns- An okay match. Each guy had their turn beating the hell out of each other. Ambrose takes advantage of a dazed Reigns and hits his finisher, Dirty Deeds, for the victory.
Below is Chris Jericho’s Highlight Reel featuring the returning Randy Orton.