The Ultimate Fighting Championship held it’s 203rd pay-per-view showing last Saturday night. This card I thought was better than the highly anticipated UFC 200 back in July. Some fights were so so whereas some were cool; overall it turned out to be decent. Here were the fights that I remembered being good.
- Bethe Correia defeated Jessica Eye. This was a nice match up as both women are good strikers. The two ladies banged it out for three rounds and Correia gets the split decision win, which I agreed with the judges.
- Jimmie Rivera defeated Uriah Faber. I was pulling for Uriah but Rivera had youth on his side and that is what it came down to. Uriah can still fight on a high level but maybe not with the younger cats like Jimmie Rivera.
- Mickey Gall defeated CM Punk. This fight I was excited for because I am also a pro wrestling fan. Did I think Punk would win? Nah. Was I hoping he would? Yes. Punk came out fast and Mickey took him down with ease and schooled him. Props to CM Punk for taking a leap of faith.
- Fabricio Werdum defeated Travis Browne. This was a sloppy fight to watch. Browne I guess dislocated his finger during the fight and called a timeout? Odd moment. There was no doubt Werdum was going to win this one.
- Stipe Miocic defeated Alistair Overeem. The main event for the heavyweight belt. These two big guys slugged it out and it was a back and forth fight. Miocic got Overeem to the ground and tagged him with a few right hands and Stipe retains his UFC belt.